Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is Rituximab Injection really the last ditch effort med for RA?
1tolove posted:

My mom has been calling me over three years telling my about her RA
systems and they seem to be getting really bad. She has lots of pain in random areas thru out her body and lost the feeling in her leg, her immunity is bad and in and out of the ER. Some day are good and she can get out of bed and a lot of time she is bed redden. She been to RA doctors and cardiologists to nerve docs.
No her RA doctor is stating that there is nothing more he can do and her condition is the worse case scenario. He did say that she can take "Rituximab Injections" but that could killer her and that they only give the med to patients that are no other alternatives.
Is this true that this is the bottom line and there is nothing out there?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

ARTREX...New US FDA approved product for arthritis
Wanted to inform the community that ARTREX cream is US FDA approved & tablets are US patented for rheumatoid & osteoarthritis. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.