Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee problems
An_252873 posted:
My name is Gabriel D'Onofrio, 41 years old, residing in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have always had a very active and healthy lifestyle, dedicating a lot of time to sports practice, especially playing tennis, soccer and snowboarding.

Unfortunately I have been feeling excruciating pains on both of my knees. The latest diagnosis is that my left knee lost cartilage (pre-arthritis) and the right one is in a first arthritis stage. L4/L5 herniated discs were also diagnosed but I feel fine in that area.

Following medical recommendations, I pursued muscle enrichment (2 years), glucosamine for 90 days, plasma rich cells injected, hialuronic acid with corticosteroids injected, ice therapy, traumatology (30 sessions) and insoles for foot and osteopathy.

Anything else I should try?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.