Skip to content
Knee problems
An_252873 posted:
My name is Gabriel D'Onofrio, 41 years old, residing in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have always had a very active and healthy lifestyle, dedicating a lot of time to sports practice, especially playing tennis, soccer and snowboarding.

Unfortunately I have been feeling excruciating pains on both of my knees. The latest diagnosis is that my left knee lost cartilage (pre-arthritis) and the right one is in a first arthritis stage. L4/L5 herniated discs were also diagnosed but I feel fine in that area.

Following medical recommendations, I pursued muscle enrichment (2 years), glucosamine for 90 days, plasma rich cells injected, hialuronic acid with corticosteroids injected, ice therapy, traumatology (30 sessions) and insoles for foot and osteopathy.

Anything else I should try?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.