Skip to content
New Diagnosis
Gymrat4Life posted:
I have recently been diagnosed with an "inflammatory poly-arthritis". I went to the rheumatologist based on symptoms, and family history. All at once my hands, feet and knees started hurting. I am so tired, all I want to do is sleep. I am normally an active 30 year old. I am a firefighter/paramedic. I am in the gym daily. My hands hurt so bad I can't lift, grip, or even open a water bottle. My knees hurt bad enough to make climbing stairs a chore. My job is impossible when my symptoms are severe. I started an anti-inflammatory diet in April. I have had good results with it. I'm taking curamin and fish oils daily. My rheumatologist started me on Plaquenil this week. I'm just looking for ideas to help stay positive. Being so tired all the time, and the amount of pain I am in is taking its toll on me mentally/emotionally. I just want to cry all of the time. I fear aim sinking into a depression. Also I was hoping for feedback from other people who have tried to control symptoms with diet. Did it work for you? I am curious how sensitive my body has become to foods I'm not eating. Last night I ate two bites of cake and 1/3 cup of pasta... Today I am miserable with pain. Can my symptoms today truly be from that small amount of 'bad food', or is that coincidental?

All thoughts and opinions are truly welcomed.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.