embrel
pamzd posted:
Hello to everyone. . .I am getting ready to start embrel sureclick this week. I am anxious and hoping for the best. The side effect story kinda scares me a little, but seems like slim chances. Any good positive stories out there anyone would like to share???

jean2005 responded:
Hi Pamzd, I have been enbrel sureclick for about 5 years. It is a wonder drug for me. It lessened the severity of my RA symptoms so I can function reasonably. I have had to stop the enbrel because of infections, but went right back afterwards. I also had to stop because of two surgeries (one to fix a broken neck and the other to replace a defective hear valve). It does interfer with bone healing, but I'm back on it again. It helped me enormously in that I can do things, like working part time, house cleaning and such. I do need to pace myself because all of a sudden, I am exhausted. Then I need to stop what I'm doing I am also on three other RA meds too.

It does not stop all of the pain and stiffness, but it made a difference. It does not stop any flare ups and I've had lots of those. All I can do is try my best to carry on.

I am now 56 years old and the concern for cancer was very much and still is, a valid point. However, if I can't move, what is the point?

Try it. What do you have to lose?