Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
embrel
Pamzd posted:
Hello to everyone. . .I am getting ready to start embrel sureclick this week. I am anxious and hoping for the best. The side effect story kinda scares me a little, but seems like slim chances. Any good positive stories out there anyone would like to share???

JEAN2005 responded:
Hi Pamzd, I have been enbrel sureclick for about 5 years. It is a wonder drug for me. It lessened the severity of my RA symptoms so I can function reasonably. I have had to stop the enbrel because of infections, but went right back afterwards. I also had to stop because of two surgeries (one to fix a broken neck and the other to replace a defective hear valve). It does interfer with bone healing, but I'm back on it again. It helped me enormously in that I can do things, like working part time, house cleaning and such. I do need to pace myself because all of a sudden, I am exhausted. Then I need to stop what I'm doing I am also on three other RA meds too.

It does not stop all of the pain and stiffness, but it made a difference. It does not stop any flare ups and I've had lots of those. All I can do is try my best to carry on.

I am now 56 years old and the concern for cancer was very much and still is, a valid point. However, if I can't move, what is the point?

Try it. What do you have to lose?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.