Skip to content
Health Insurance & Tooth Loss
chrispack posted:
Has anyone tried to have their health insurance cover the cost of dental work related to RA and the side effects of the medications? I am losing my teeth one by one and am very distressed. Dealing with the tooth loss is bad enough but trying to figure out how to pay for all this is giving me a headache. As if RA (and other conditions) aren't enough to deal with!

philil7 responded:
I Am now noticing that my teeth are getting loose also. I went to my dentist and he verified that and said I need to wear a mouth guard because gritting or grinding the teeth at night can cause that. I believe it is from the RA meds I am taking, Orencia and Methotrexate. I told my RA doctor about it and he didn't seem to know anything about that happening but I believe it is from the meds. I have dental iinsurance but it covers very little. I never checked into health insurance but I really don't think it will cover dental work. I wonder if anybody else out there is having loose teeth as a result of RA and the medication we take for it.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.