Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
living with rheumatory arthitis
melissahenderson21 posted:
I was diagonoised with RA 8 years ago, my father suffered with it has well for almost 20 years. He had a knee replacement done due to the RA but got a staff infection from surgery. After several attempts to stop the infection he ended up having both of his legs amputated on 7 times. he finially said enough and passed away 3 months later. but my father also had a heart condition. thru it all he would never let us see his pain and as I was raised the same way I don't allow others to see mine, but I know what he felt. I thank god for my wonderful rheumatologist (Dr. Lela Sarapalli) she is the best. I have been thru methotrex, Enbrel,humaria,arvara, and orencia. We are now looking at going to an iv treatment once a month because my medicine only works for about a little over a year. But I work in a automotive plant and stay on my feet about 9 hours a nite and exercise every day which I believe the more I keep my joints moving the better. I want my pop to look down on me and know im going to do my best to keep moving

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.