Skip to content
RA and Total Knee Replacement
mike201 posted:
I have very sever RA and am on biologic medications. Nine weeks ago I had a TKR. The post operation experience was very smooth if not almost enjoyable. I did get three DVT's which were treated successfully without drama. In hospital after surgery for five days then transferred to a rehab hospital for two weeks. As my surgeon said: the operation is 40% of the success with physiotherapy being the other 60%. How true was this!! I have had 40 hours of physio and can how walk well, ride a bike, climb stairs and walk in soft sand along a beach. I have no pain and am very pleased with the operation. I had knee problems for six months before I opted for the operation. This was a good move as it meant my leg muscles had not learnt how to over correct a faulty movement.There are a lot of negative stories around so I wanted to add a positive one for a change! All the best.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Probably not a cure, but big help
My name is Bill, I'm 55 yrs old, healthy, fit, and working, and was diagnosed with raging RA 3 year ago, (ccp was 265) I will try to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful