Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ra
bubba1988 posted:
ok so like i have an auto immune disorder called wagners i am taking the less wounderfull drug methotrexate i am taking the 2.5 mg tablets i take 6 tablets every 7 days now i also take the folic acid 1 mg tablet prednisone 20 mg tablet now i know the prednisone cant be the cause cause i have been taking it for three years so i have to ask i dont have any side affects except i have a rash inbetween my legs on both my legs up near the private area under both my arms on my both arms on my stomach and now creaping up my back i read the side affects of the methotrexate and it says rash itching which it itches like hell i have itched it so much it have made open sores on me oh and its right under my stomach too and on my private area i need help and bad would it be best to switch to the injuction cause i dont know if this problem will go away cause for one it itches way to much and i am doing nothing but hurting myself by itching it so any and every suggestion is welcome please help

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.