Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
got approve for ddsi and ssi.
An_253830 posted:
it took me 11months to get approve and on oct 2 2013 I got approve for having rheumatoid arthritis and sjogrens syndrome.so never give up have faith

RobynMom94 responded:
I have a daughter to raise all by myself. I have been talked to by my PCP regarding ddsi but if I do, the money and care are very limited. How do you care for a child, put them in college and the extra needs tat come up. Dependent on government limits your finances to a fixed income. Long waiting in lines (which is VERY painful). Once your on it, you are stuck on it. I have no one to help me. My mom is too far up in age and needs me which is frustrating. I should be taking care of her, not her taking care of me. There are so many much more worse off than I.
Can someone tell me more about the benefits of going on disability?

catuscandy replied to RobynMom94's response:
To RobynMom94: The benefit of disability is that it usually pays more monthly than you would draw on regular social security at age 65 (or whatever age is current for you) As far as sending kids to college. I could not afford to do that and all 3 of my kids put themselves through by working, taking Pell grants and getting as much scholarship as possible in addition to taking out student loans. It is possible.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.