Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Serious loss off hand function after surgery for Duprytrens contracture & flare PA.
Chotti posted:
Hello I am new her looking foreword to learning more. I have psoriasis in Hands and psoriatic arthritis. My pinky finger curled up only one finger and it also turns out that I have Dupuytrens Contracture. I had surgery on the pinky to remove the growth at the third knuckle closest to the palm.That was last March directly after surgery all my fingers and knuckles were fine until two weeks later and now I cannot close my hand or grip. It effected my whole have 100 x's worse than before my surgery I could lay my hand flat on table now I cannot.

Instead of one finger effected, after surgery they are all worse cannot flatten hand on table now where as I could before.

Anyone help here. The hand surgeon seems to have just dismissed the whole thing by stating he removed the mass at the base of my right pinky. Will not acknowledge any fix for the worse finger cruel and total loss of the hand. Caused flare of psoriatic arthritis?

I wonder if its more from the Keobner psoriasis effects from seurgury that set this severe reaction off to curl all hy fingers and all nickels and fingers are useless. The hand surgeon jut blew it off seeing how sever my hand now is after surgery with months of PT no answers.

Now I don't know what to do.

bowen113 responded:
very helpful! Thank's for the strategy links.
http://www.hairplusau.com

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.