Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help i have sever swelling in feet due to RA
paydity posted:
I am wondering if its okay to still walk on your feet when they are so swollen. i have been out of work for 3 years and started working a month and a half ago and ever since my feet have been super swollen. I make them fit into my shoes cause i have to work. but it hurts and they barley fit. I cant wear flip flops or sandals because my toes hurt and are so stiff. your toes have to grasp the sandals to walk. so what i am wondering is even though it hurts should i go a head and just suck it up and walk anyways. i don't know what else to do. but if im injuring my self more doing this then i need to stop. I hope someone can help me answer this question. thanks.
Paydity

fordownr responded:
I'd have your doctor get an ultrasound of the veins/arteries in your feet to see if you have veinious insufficiency (as I do in my right foot) Pressure stockings(socks) seem to be in order (to keep the swelling down). I've been in 30-50 MM Hg socks for quite a few years now and it keeps the swelling manageable. They're not cheap ($60-$100 a pair) There's a place out of MI that I've been using (For Your Legs) they will price beat (10%) any valid offer and have really fast turnaround. Best of luck to you

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.