Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rheumatoid Lung
jackann posted:
Hello, I am looking for someone who is in the same boat I am in I need some answers. I have a RA for over 15 yrs. now. My doc says my rheumatoid factor should be less than 14, mine is 248. I have tried all the meds, remicade, humira, arava, etc. My problem now is the nodules that I have on my elbows, fingers etc, have now gone to my lungs. My latest cat scan show ILD interstitial lung disease. I have severe shortness of breath, a cough, fatigue, headaches and muscle weakness. My doc put me on 60mg prednisone, however the side effects were to much and I am now only on 10mgs. Has any one had this problem and if so are taking something else. Lung doc wants to put me on Imuran but RA doc says no. I have my next Cat scan in a few days and depending on results I will have to have an open lung biopsy. Any help greatly appreciated

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.