Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cures for disease
pharmageddon posted:
I keep reading that medicine is looking for a cure for this condition and that it is always just over the horizon and then got to thinking. What do they have cures for? Not arthritis,not diabetes,not cancer,ms, chrons, migraines,osteoporisis, ibs,heart disease,parkinsons,ms,etc,nothing I can think of. Not one disease does modern medicine have a cure for, not one with the exception of anything that responds to antibiotics. Can anyone think of one disease that medicine can cure, not treat but cure.If so I would like to know what it is, because I can think of nothing. So anyone that thinks there will one day be a miracle cure of this monster from medicine is sadly mistaken. Are we being taken for a ride?

rymack17 responded:
Polio is all I can think of

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.