Skip to content


Newly diagnosed
larkep posted:
I would appreciate any help and guidance you may offer: my Doctor just told me today that I have RA. She also said, "if the pain gets worse, let me know and I'll refer you to a rheumatologist." I've been thinking about that and I wonder if I shouldn't be referred right away rather than waiting till it gets worse. From what I have read on this site, it is better for treatment should begin right away. Anyway, despite the stiffness and joint discomfort, I never thought of RA as a possibility. By the way, the doctor said my RA factor was 88. Sigh.
Thanks for 'listening!'
mariajohnson responded:
Well I think you should visit a rheumatologist. He will start the treatment soon. Don't wait till pain gets worse.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.