Skip to content
HAIR LOSS
pamzd posted:
Hi, I have had RA for 4 years and was originally on Plaquenil and Methotrexate. I may have lost a little hair from the metho, but 6 months ago I started on Embrel and its seems my hair has thinned enough so that I can hardly pull it together in spots to cover my scalp. So two weeks ago my Rheumatologist did a blood test for Hypothyroid and lucky me I have it, so now I am on Levothroxin. I have the propensity to thin hair from my mothers side of the family, so am I doomed?

atti_editor responded:
Hi pamzd,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this hair loss. You might find it helpful to take a look around our Hair Loss Health Center for information on possible treatments or home remedies. I did find these articles on thinning hair care and natural treatments for hair loss that you might find interesting. I hope that you find something that will help.

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
Try some home remedies to make your hair strong and healthy. Mix olive oil, castor oil and almond oil then add few drops of vitamin E capsules and apply it to your hair. Wash your hair the next day.

pamzd replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you for the hair tips. I will definitely give it a try.

pamzd replied to mariajohnson's response:
Thank you, I will give anything a try. Not ready for a wig just yet.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Probably not a cure, but big help
My name is Bill, I'm 55 yrs old, healthy, fit, and working, and was diagnosed with raging RA 3 year ago, (ccp was 265) I will try to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful