Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HAIR LOSS
pamzd posted:
Hi, I have had RA for 4 years and was originally on Plaquenil and Methotrexate. I may have lost a little hair from the metho, but 6 months ago I started on Embrel and its seems my hair has thinned enough so that I can hardly pull it together in spots to cover my scalp. So two weeks ago my Rheumatologist did a blood test for Hypothyroid and lucky me I have it, so now I am on Levothroxin. I have the propensity to thin hair from my mothers side of the family, so am I doomed?

atti_editor responded:
Hi pamzd,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this hair loss. You might find it helpful to take a look around our Hair Loss Health Center for information on possible treatments or home remedies. I did find these articles on thinning hair care and natural treatments for hair loss that you might find interesting. I hope that you find something that will help.

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
Try some home remedies to make your hair strong and healthy. Mix olive oil, castor oil and almond oil then add few drops of vitamin E capsules and apply it to your hair. Wash your hair the next day.

pamzd replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you for the hair tips. I will definitely give it a try.

pamzd replied to mariajohnson's response:
Thank you, I will give anything a try. Not ready for a wig just yet.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.