Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    New blood test to determine progression of RA
    kayjayholland posted:
    At my regular follow up to my rheumatologist yesterday, she told me that in two months she wants to have new blood tests done that have recently come out to track the progression of the disease. She mentioned something about a '12 point' test that looks at when and where the disease started and where it is predicted to go. I have tried to find information about this new test but cannot seem to find any. Has anyone read or heard about this test from their doctor? Anything would be helpful!
    timmydog responded:
    Your doctor may be refering to the Vectra Da test. I had one done 2 months ago. I was just recently diagnosed with ra. It gives a total score which indicates the severity of your disease and then gives specific marker scores to help the doctor tell if you are on the right treatment and if the treatment is helping. I received a score of 41 prior to starting any treatment which put me in the moderate case for ra.. I do go back for an appointment next week to discuss the full details of the test.There is a website with more info.. I am very new to this disease but if you have any other questions feel free to ask!! Take care.

    Helpful Tips

    Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
    Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 48 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.