Skip to content
Honey & cinnamon cure arthritis???
mommyuvgirls posted:
Hi everyone!
I have yet to receive a diagnosis to my chronic joint pain and swelling, but today I received an email from a friend about the powers of cinnamon and honey on your health. One claim was that with 2 teaspoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of hot water drank 1-2 times a day, it could relieve or CURE arthritis pain. While I know that RA is auto immune and such a thing may not work, has anyone tried this??? I'm up for anything but I heard someone with Lupus say her joints were infinitely better after only 2 weeks consuming this little recipe. I guess it can't hurt, right?
Rachel

Potch0512 replied to mommyuvgirls's response:
2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a mug of hot water, stir til all dissolved and it is really good. Must be raw honey.

Potch0512 replied to majurice's response:
This is really good to hear. I just started today and am hoping for some serious relief. Are you still doing it?

nickst responded:
Hi There,

Regarding your enquiry on honey and cinnamon for arthritus pain.

I have been suffering for months with arthritic pain in my hip and was kept awake constantly at night even mild exercise would render me virtually unable to walk in the morning.

I was sceptical on this cure but decided to give it a try as my only alternative is a hip replacement. Now I have heard two theories one say hot water one say lukewarm water for mixing them with a mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 of cinnamon I have reduced my pain by 90% in 3 weeks I dont get up in the morning vritually unable to walk I can now sleep on the hip with arthritus which I certainly cud not do before and I am not limping anymore when it was exercised on I still have the dull pain of the awkward feeling where the two bones meet where the cartialge has gone but rest assured I run 4 times a week and do other exercise as well and am very active now and I am being 100pct honest that it has worked for me the transformation is unbeleivable, I used to have to literally swing my legs around to get out my car and could not sit down without supporting myself with my arms in the mng and sometimes during the day none of this is the case now and I have better movement I admit I dont have full movement but I do have 90 pct less pain so I am convinced something has happened for me.

hope this helps

nick stoddard

gkids responded:
I also was skeptical of this remedy. I have been taking glucosamine/chondroitin for years for joint pain and stiffness. I ran out of pills about a month ago and thought "why not try it?"
My solution was to mix 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 2 Tbsp local honey, and 4 Tbsp cinnamon. I spread it generously (about 1 1/2 Tbsp) on a piece of WW toast each morning. No more pain, unless I forget, and then not until the next day. It's seriously cinnamon toast, but I like it. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me!

Alex572012 replied to MiryamB's response:
Have you been on medication all this time?

bleeski replied to KariannsRACuresx3's response:
Am I understanding you?You've drunk how many of these drinks and you're cured already??

joyjam726 replied to MiryamB's response:
I have been diagnosed with RA 13 years ago and have found such releif with Remicade infusions, until lately I seem to be building up an immunity. So now they have me on Orencia, I have had two infusions and it is not working like the Remicade, but have an open mind that it isn't in my system yet. I have had two rough weeks and saw a physical therapist, when he saw I could hardly walk, he told me about the cinnamon and honey thing, but he told me a spoonfull of honey sprinkle it with cinnamon. I mentioned it to my niece who is a Nurse Anesthasist and she told me you need to do it every day. I've done it for three days and am feeling really good today, so I'm going to continue to do it and see if it works.

franhall21 responded:
This really did work for me i use 1tbsp honey and 1 tsp cinnamon mix it and just eat it. RELIEF!!!! I promise

Arkadian replied to MiryamB's response:
I have also severe arthritis in my hips and hands, and after
research online I started a regiment of fat-free yogurt mixed with honey and have it with a 14-ounce mug of coffee (I made it light) Second day, the redness in my hands is gone; lesss pain on the hips. I also take apple cide and honey - as also has been suggested by an author and other online users (4 tablespoons of raw apple cider ($5.99 at Meijer), and 3 teaspoons of honey - once daily, rather than take twice daily with only 1 tablespoon of cider, which I consider nothing!

So far so, as two days cannot make miracles. For the record, I don't like medical prescriptions or chemicals. Nor I trust doctors on autoimmune diseases. I have also noticed that my blood pressure that is normal - 120-80 average (70 years old, normal weight, vegetarian) is down to 108 -70. I would, therefore suggest the cinnamon-honey or the apple-cider regiment for high BP sufferers. No medical advice here, but
experimenting with natural food ingredients doesn't hurt, and no side effects. Dr. Weil was on Fox's Dr. Oz show yesterday,
and he has made a career by suggesting natural remedies.
I would follow up here after 1 eek on my arthritis regiment as posted above. I believe I have osteoarthritis.

Arkadian replied to Arkadian's response:
Correction on above post: Yogurt, honey, and 1 heaped yeaspoon of cinnamon, and the 14-ounce light brew coffee.
The apple-cider and honey I mix with 8 oz of warm water.

sscondon responded:
As most of you have said, I was skeptical, but figured it couldn't hurt.

I have mild OA in my ankles. Unable to put full weight on them in the morning especially after exercise.

I was having problems getting the Cinnamon to mix so I made my own Cinnamon Honey. I bought cinnamon sticks and placed that in a jar, some cinnamon powder and filled with local honey.

I put 2 - 2 1/2 tsp in my morning tea, then I have cinnamon on my Cottage Cheese later.

My ankles feel much better since I've started using the cinnamon and honey. I may have to try the toast. That sounds good.

PainLube replied to sscondon's response:
Not a cure but it helps reduce pain and inflammation. My dad has osteoarthritis in his knees and shoulders, not to mention scoliosis. A friend told me about a homeopathic pain relief lotion that has worked. After a few applications, his pain was significantly reduced. Now he applies it morning and night. www.PainLube.com Use Promo Code 72346 for FREE shipping & a gift. It has helped my dad so much, I decided to share this with other people. It's worth trying.

raelizabeth responded:
have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis, recently diagnosed with ra. my pain mgmt dr. recommended this combo. i did not realize that ra meds are like chemo and kill the good cells along with the bad. scary. i bought it today at whole foods ,so that it is organic. did it work for you? hope so, this pain is awful.

Alex321 responded:
The only reason that I took time the time to sign up with webmd is to post a reply to this question. YES IT WORKS VERY WELL. Try it, cinnamon and honey. We will see it the doctors delete this post, they cant make money on a free cure that works...

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

jaw pain
I use massage, ice, heat, and pain meds if necessary. I find that when I'm busy consentrating at work, I tend to grind my teeth, which I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.