Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what's the worst form of arthritis you can have?
leahquestions posted:
HI all, I'm back... My Dr. didn't specify , I skipped the subject, I was suffering tremendously then got on anti inflammatories, thought it was parvo virus and he explained my blood tests was neg for that but i had it sometime in my life. What he did say was that I had the worst type of arthritis there is....and it could be crippling....... I also have tendonitis and bone spurs .... my business is very physical which I'm rapidly getting more help..... i had to skip the main subject as i at the time didn't want to know... i got off the inflamatory meds for 5 days and started becoming stiff again with joint pain....... is there any other type of arthritis which can debilatate you rapidly? I will stay on the meds now htat's for sure. thanks leah

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear leah (leahquestions),

I am glad you were able to see your doctor. I'd call his office back and ask what kind of arthritis it was. In this article on the Types of Arthritis , you'll see it says, "There are more than 100 types of arthritis, a condition that affects more than 46 million U.S. adults..."

Best wishes,

Byroney

palacioone responded:
My whole body was getting stiff, my hand's were so swollen I couldn't close them, my ankels were so swollen I couldn't put on my shoe's anymore, I couldn't walk, I went to the doctor and was told I had Rheumatoid arthritis, I started getting shot from my Doctor, but it only last for day, there were times I had to dragg myself to the bathroom to take a cold shower my body was so swollen I thought it was the end of me , I was dying.-I stopped the shot's, because of the side affects, so I become to own Doctor, I stopped eatting all bread's "white rye wheat etc." Stopped all dairy products, started eating home cook meals, chicken breast, shopp down in little bite size, with veggies, stir fry on a woke, with olive oil, you can do turkey - things that will be easy on your system, and the best thing that help me I started drinking One bottle of water with a teaspoon of BAKING SODA before bed time and One bottle of water with a teaspoon of BAKING SODA when I got up, started excerising my Body, look up the spartan 300 workout on youtube, I been doing this for the past year, and now I been perfect, no more stiffness, nothing I been bless by God now I can walk - Run - workout, I thank the most High for this, I hope it helps you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.