Skip to content
????
Kat41282 posted:
Has anyone started using that new once a month Shot for RA? If so has it helped?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Kat41282,

Do you know the name of the shot? I could look it up for you and see if we have some information on the site I could share if you did.

Thanks,

Byroney

Kat41282 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
No. I saw it on TV.

An_215819 replied to Kat41282's response:
I believe is it called Simbalta.

MissyB621 responded:
You probably saw a commercial for Simponi. I believe it is the only once a month shot for RA currently on the market.

I just started it this week and have not expierenced any changes so far, good or bad. Hopefully it will start working soon but like all other biologics it can take up to 3 months or so. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help. I will also post an update later to let you know how it works for me.

megaroo_585 replied to MissyB621's response:
I am in the end of my third month of Simponi. I did not see big changes until this month, but have seen a great deal of improvement over the last two weeks. I have little to no swelling everywhere but my hands, and even those have been improving. I have also been able to cut down on my steroid. I hope that you stick it out and that the shot really does work for you as well.

linzsey replied to megaroo_585's response:
megaroo - do you think this is because of the medicine or the summer weather? This is a really bad time of year to start a new medicine because by the time summer gets rolling good, you say - "hey, I'm feeling pretty good"...just food for thought, but please give us an update when the weather changes in September

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.