Skip to content
Supplemens~
Kat41282 posted:
Anyone taking any supplements that have helped with inflamation and or pain?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Kat41282,

I'm sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I have a couple of articles that may be useful. The first is on Natural Treatments for RA , and the second is the Best and Worst Supplements and Herbs for RA.

Ultimately, I would suggest talking with your health care provider about the use of supplements as part of your treatment plan.

Best wishes,

Byroney

amy62528 responded:
I take 4000 mgs a day of fish oil which seems to help with some of the inflammation. I also just recently started taking turmeric so I'm not sure if that helps or not but I've read from several different sites that it does. Byroney mentioned discussing this with your Dr, I do agree, however be aware that most medical professionals (at least the one's that I've dealt with) will tell you that there is not enough scientific evidence that herbs and suppliments help.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.