Orencia
cullencoven2008 posted:
I have just started treatment with Orencia ! Since I have been on the infusions ! I am so exhausted ! I know the side effects are flu like symptoms for a short period of time ! But I am physically exhausted all the time ! I take all the vitamins my Rheumy prescribes plus some ! I had more energy before the treatments ! Has anyone had this problem ? Is there anything I can do to feel energized ?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear cullencoven2008,

Hopefully someone will pop in and share what's worked for them. Until then, I'd suggest calling your pharmacist and see if he or she has any tips to share with you.

I sure hope you feel less tired soon,

Byroney

lac85 responded:
hi,
I took orencia for a while. About a weekbefore and after I was tired. after infusion I was exhausted. Husband drove me home and I usually slept and or didn't do much for 24 hours or so. Tried infusion without benadryl but had same affect. In the process of starting new med because after 7 months Orencia was not giving the results rhume and I wanted

cullencoven2008 replied to lac85's response:
Thats what im afraid of ! Im not feeling any better ! But im running out of options here ! Cant seem to find the right cocktail to make me feel better ! Frustrating :(

lac85 replied to cullencoven2008's response:
please give it a try. It can take 4-6 months to feel the benefit and some people get good results and use it for years. When I went off orencia I had to wait for about two months before starting new drug( insurance approval, getting orencia out of system and scheduling) My week before and after exhaustion has lasted thru this time. I understand your frustration but if you do not give the medication a fair chance you maybe missing out on the right cocktail.

cullencoven2008 replied to lac85's response:
Thank you ! I am giving it a fair chance ! My husband wants me to tell my Rheumy about how tired I am ! And constantly sleeping ! But I already know what my Rheumy will say ! I actually had to change my infusions for the afternoons ! Because mornings are too tough on me !

coopedup replied to cullencoven2008's response:
Have you tried Humira injections? Ive been on them about 8 years and I could really tell a difference in the my energy level afterwards. I had alot more of it. I cont to take every week.

coopedup replied to cullencoven2008's response:
What do you take for pain?

coopedup responded:
Oh my, that is what I am waiting to start because I had heard it had changed so many peoples lives. That it had turned people around. I cant stay infection free to get on it. I've always got bronchitis, kidney infection, now they are waiting for my year since my knee replacement to be up.

cullencoven2008 replied to coopedup's response:
I was on Humira for a year ! It didnt help much with pain and stiffness at all !

I take Percocet for pain ! I was on Cimzia ! And it did help with pain and inflamation ! Unfortunately im allergic to anti inflamitorys !

I was on Humira for a year ! It didnt do much for pain and stiffness !

Please dont let the way I feel affect you starting tye infusions ! Everyone has different side effects ! I was on Orencia once before ! I felt great after a few infusions ! Then we lost our medical insurance ! And we couldnt afford the expense of the medication ! So I didnt have the infusions for about a year ! Its not a miracle drug ! Like everything I guess I just need to be a little more patient !