Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

About RA
tobadsosad posted:
Hi I'm new to this discussion stuff. a little bit about me, I'm 47 i believe that i have RA . i just had to go have 2 units of blood last Friday cause my blood level was 7. so i had a upper GI and lower GI found out i have 2 ulcers. kind of figured that ,cause i have been taking a lot of ibuprofen ..for the pain and stuff . i am adopted so don't know my medical history.. but can someone please tell me that i will get to feeling better. cause right now I AM SCARD and i feel alone..:(
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear tobadsosad,

Welcome to WebMD and the RA Community! I'm glad you're getting treatment for your ulcers.

You can ask your doctor(s) about Testing for RA . Remember, however, that 10-30% of the People who have RA test negative, so a negative blood test doesn't mean you don't have RA. Here are some Signs and Symptoms of RA that may help.

I'd encourage you to see a doctor (a rheumatologist may be a good choice) and find out if you have RA or not. If not, your doctor can help you discover what is causing your pain.

Best wishes,

RAWarrior responded:
Hi tobadsosad,
I hope you don't have RA. But you do need to figure out what's going on so you can be treated. Byroney is right - many do test negative with the tests we have today. We just need to develop better tests as we learn more about the disease. I did write a page on my blog about "do I have RA?" - here is the link - that might help you.

If you do have RA, then YES, you could feel a lot better on treatment. Most patients respond at least 20% improvement w/ treatment. Some do much better. Early treatment is supposed to have a better chance at success. Don't worry about being adopted - a good rheumatologist can diagnose RA w/out blood tests being positive - and mine never asked me about family history. If you don't get a good one the first time - don't give up. Sometimes it takes a 2nd or 3rd opinion to know for sure.

Good luck,
Kelly :D
tobadsosad replied to RAWarrior's response:
Thanks for your concern,I went to my primary care physician. and he said he tested me for RA and it came back positive.but right now he's trying to get my ulcers better,and then he is going to make me an appointment with a RA specialist.but i have felt like this for a long time ,it just seems to get worst as time goes by. just pray for me and i will you .... :)

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
41 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.