Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Simponi vs. Enbrel
LCover posted:
I would like to know about people's experiences in taking Symponi vs. Enbrel.

I can't take Methotrexate so they put me on Enbrel and I have been miserable for the last 3 weeks. I asked for alternatives and my Rhuematologist suggested Plaquenil if I want to try another DMARD or Simponi as a TNF blocker instead of Enbrel.

Please feel free to let me know your experiences. Thanks!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello again, LCover!

Nice to see you again. Until someone has a chance to reply to you, how about checking out the Drug and Treatment Library , and checking out the user comments for both medications.

Of course, other people's experiences aren't necessarily going to be the same as your own, but they're a place to start.

Yours in health,

Byroney

kitkatmebk responded:
Hi LCover,

I've been on Enbrel 50mg injections for 9 months now and from my experience, it has been the best treatment for me. It did however take up to 3 months to get really good relief. My pain was excrusiating when I started treatment and wanted relief instantly when I took it but this drug takes a little while but is worth the wait. Sometimes patients get different results relief wise earlier than the 3 months. It also helped my horrible fatigue as well. From my perspective, give Enbrel a little longer and see what happens. It's a highly rated drug by RA physicians and the patients that take it too. I'm not on a DMARD at this time so I can't help you with your question on that topic. Let us know how you are doing and feel better soon.

LCover replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for the library link, I will take a look!

LCover replied to kitkatmebk's response:
Hi Kit, Thanks for the information. I'm glad Enbrel is working for you now. It's interesting to hear that it took 3 months. I only had 3 doses and it was the worst feeling I've ever had. I felt like it was making me sick and I felt horrible physically and emotionally. I'm considering the Simponi and what I do like is that it's only once a month. I know Enbrel and Methotrexate are used the most but I'm thinking that there has to be something else out there for me! Thanks again for your response. :o)

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.