Simponi vs. Enbrel
LCover posted:
I would like to know about people's experiences in taking Symponi vs. Enbrel.

I can't take Methotrexate so they put me on Enbrel and I have been miserable for the last 3 weeks. I asked for alternatives and my Rhuematologist suggested Plaquenil if I want to try another DMARD or Simponi as a TNF blocker instead of Enbrel.

Please feel free to let me know your experiences. Thanks!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello again, LCover!

Nice to see you again. Until someone has a chance to reply to you, how about checking out the Drug and Treatment Library , and checking out the user comments for both medications.

Of course, other people's experiences aren't necessarily going to be the same as your own, but they're a place to start.

Yours in health,

Byroney

kitkatmebk responded:
Hi LCover,

I've been on Enbrel 50mg injections for 9 months now and from my experience, it has been the best treatment for me. It did however take up to 3 months to get really good relief. My pain was excrusiating when I started treatment and wanted relief instantly when I took it but this drug takes a little while but is worth the wait. Sometimes patients get different results relief wise earlier than the 3 months. It also helped my horrible fatigue as well. From my perspective, give Enbrel a little longer and see what happens. It's a highly rated drug by RA physicians and the patients that take it too. I'm not on a DMARD at this time so I can't help you with your question on that topic. Let us know how you are doing and feel better soon.

LCover replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for the library link, I will take a look!

LCover replied to kitkatmebk's response:
Hi Kit, Thanks for the information. I'm glad Enbrel is working for you now. It's interesting to hear that it took 3 months. I only had 3 doses and it was the worst feeling I've ever had. I felt like it was making me sick and I felt horrible physically and emotionally. I'm considering the Simponi and what I do like is that it's only once a month. I know Enbrel and Methotrexate are used the most but I'm thinking that there has to be something else out there for me! Thanks again for your response. :o)