Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
please help need advice
stressedinNH posted:
Recently I have taken on the responsibility of having my aunt and her 1yr old baby have come to live with me and my family ,she is 40 yrs old and has been suffering from Schizophrenia for 20yrs now difference now is she has a baby.I have been close to her my whole life and always seems to understand and deal with her symptoms and or episodes but find myself struggling with trying to help her raise her baby,she is very paranoid especially about the care for her baby and is clearly even with all the meds in the world very disabled.I find myself so confused on my place here as a Mother,Niece,Caregiver??I am beyond stressed,confused and guilt ridden which I know cant be helpful to anyone involved here.I have a supportive husband and a 5yr and 17yr old who all have strong opinions on how this should be handled and dealt with on the daily.Everyone in the family is counting on me to take make this work,I am the only one in the family that can possibly care for them based on resources,space and patience but it has only been 4 wks and everyday is starting to feel like a battle from morning to night.Please Help Advice?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My name is Rachel and I was first diagnosed as depressed at 15. After that it was depression and social anxiety until I was 20. Then I started...More

Helpful Tips

schizophrenia
:::=== :::===== ::: === ::: :::===== :::==== :::==== ::: === :::==== ::: ::: ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ===== === ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.