Skip to content
Schizophrenic brother
An_244745 posted:
My brother and I are only a yr apart. He has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia approximatley 3 yrs ago. He is 31. He began showing symptoms in high school, I think it all started when he started smoking marijuana, maybe there was more to it. He is uncomfortable in social situations. He has been living with my mom for the last 11 yrs. he does not work anymore and drinks a lot. He has always refused medication because he doesn't feel right on it but I think he won't take it because he wants to drink. My dad died in 2010 and he really lost it. We had to have him admitted to a behavioral center. It's so sad, he's so smart with several degrees. He blares music all hours of the night, yells profanity at my mom and it's pretty scary. I never envisioned this for him. He has a lot of guilt because he was not speaking to my dad and now it's too late. Things got worse in December 2011 and my mom moved in with me and my husband and 2 kids. She was scared to be there and she just moved out this month. He did get some government disability and food stamps. He is taking medicine now but I am not even sure what he is on. He has an apt, or so he says. He has moved out but we don't know where to. He won't return my calls or even speak to me. It's hard to have a sibling with this disease, I feel so helpless, what if he stops his medicine.?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My name is Rachel and I was first diagnosed as depressed at 15. After that it was depression and social anxiety until I was 20. Then I started...More

Helpful Tips

schizophrenia
:::=== :::===== ::: === ::: :::===== :::==== :::==== ::: === :::==== ::: ::: ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ===== === ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.