Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    How to get help
    22GGzane posted:
    I am very concerned about my son. He thinks he is being followed and people that are driving by his house are stalking him or under his house or on the roof of his house. He gets very scared and I am almost paralized with concern. It is all I can think about because I don't know how to get him help. He says this is real, and I keep telling him that it is not happening and I know it is real to him. How do you handle it when someone is telling you that things are happening that you know are not happening. I am all he has. He want through a terrible divorce about 4 years ago and he has not been able to recover. He is not working, just stilling around thinking about his problem. I did convince him to go to our local hospital that had a behavioral health section when he was seeing things, they said he did not need to be hospitalized but to follow up the a family resource center for counseling, which he would never make an appointment. How to do get help for a loved one that is an adult, 34, that does not want to go but I am concerned something bad will happen. He is not suicidal at all, he told me today he wants to live. I am concerned that he will attack and innocent person if he thinks they are following him. I would like some advice on how to proceed to get him some help. I ove him so much and I want him to get his life back. He has a lot to offer and I am just not sure how he can get off of this.
    Anon_124828 responded:
    I went through this exactly like your son seems to be going through. I also felt I was being stalked and followed, people whispering things as I walked by them. At the time I was working the grave shift inside a 24 hour market. Just one thing I want to mention here about these apparent delusions, your son may not be completely delusional. It is very possible someone is harassing him, but to really find out you need to hear him out. It also does not do him any good to spend so much time thinking about it, it will just make him feel worse, he needs to get distracted like some hobby and a schedule he can start to follow daily.
    22GGzane replied to Anon_124828's response:
    Thanks so much for your response. It was helpful. The thing that really seems strange is that for the past two weeks, he has seemed perfectly normal. I am not sure if he is just not saying anything or if he is truly better. I am not sure what to make of it. I am just praying things will stay normal. I do think if he gets back into the workforce it would definitely take his mind off of things.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I don't know. One day I woke up in my late 20's and early 30's and there it was. I lost my life. Divorced first husband. Gave custody of m...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to Detect Early Schizophrenia Symptoms ?
    Schizophrenia is a mental disorder mostly connected with the thought process and emotional responsiveness. The medical condition is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.