Skip to content
I have questions
daya1220 posted:
My son is 38 and was diagnosed 10 yrs ago with schizophrenia, he's has handled his life fairly well, although I have lost contact with him on several occasions he will eventually call me again. After not hearing from him for over a year, he called me on Dec 24th and told me he was in the hospital and that he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and wanted to come home. I went to him immediately and now he lives with me and I am caring for him. What I'm hoping to get an answer about is this; do the voices know about the cancer? he won't tell me anything about them. Are they part of what make him pace to the point of exhaustion from pain do to the cancer?

Anon_124828 responded:
People who hear voices tend to hear things related to what is going on in their heads, so most likely your son hears voices related to his personal experiences. It is not helpful for people with this condition to be isolated, since this can make things worst as the voices are the only things one would be able to hear and they only tend to be critical and insulting types of voices. Hope he gets better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 41 year old divorce father. I have a beautiful daughter I enjoy working out, taking care of my skin and body . I enjoy writing poetry . I...More

Helpful Tips

schizophrenia
:::=== :::===== ::: === ::: :::===== :::==== :::==== ::: === :::==== ::: ::: ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ===== === ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.