Skip to content
Stopping Saphris
Anon_32599 posted:
Does anyone know how to stop taking saphris. I am taking 10mg twice ddaily. My plan is to just stop taking the morning dose and continue the nightly dose of 10mg for two weeks. Help please.

larsstarscanary responded:
If you really want help, talk to your doctor.

A lot of people I know, who keep stopping their medication every time they feel a little better, keep going through the "Revolving Door," in and out of the hospital forever, all because they feel stigmatized by their mental illness and psychiatric medication.

My doctor recently reduced my medication--I would not do this without my doctor's guidance--I've come too far in my recovery process to jeopardize it by fooling with my medication.

Wishing you good mental health.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My name is Rachel and I was first diagnosed as depressed at 15. After that it was depression and social anxiety until I was 20. Then I started...More

Helpful Tips

How to Detect Early Schizophrenia Symptoms ?
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder mostly connected with the thought process and emotional responsiveness. The medical condition is ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.