Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CONCERNED PARENT
An_250608 posted:
I have a son who is has been dating a person for over a year. He is aware that she has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar. He, himself, has ADHD and has great sympathy for her due to his medical condition. I think he feels that since there is medication available, that there is all there is to it....she takes the meds and she is ok. I cannot seem to express to him his future with someone with this disease and I cannot make him understand that the person's mental illness is something far beyond his knowledge. I am deeply concerned that is doesn't understand the life that he will lead if he continues his relationship. Is there anyone in the Fort Worth, Texas area that he can speak to so he can understand the complexity and heartbreak of this disease?

Fowden responded:
You can contact NAMI and sign up for a free class.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I think I started hearing voices in 2007. I'm am certain of a few things. I was working the graveyard shift at a 24hour store at the time for l...More

Helpful Tips

How to Detect Early Schizophrenia Symptoms ?
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder mostly connected with the thought process and emotional responsiveness. The medical condition is ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.