Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my daughter and her child
cjstressed posted:
my daughter was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. she just turned 22. it started around here 20th birthday. she has a little boy who will turn three in dec. will she ever get better enough to raise her child without worrying if she will relapse?

bastet responded:
Life has no guarantees...I have bipolar type, schizoaffective disorder. It took 11 years for them to find meds that worked/stopped the suffering for me, and now they aren't working well anymore. I was first diagnosed 20 years ago this year.

It has been a roller coaster ride, and I've never liked roller coasters...

Hopefully, she will take care of herself and her child to the best of her ability. Hopefully, she will do as her doctor prescribes; hopefully she will attend support groups such as www.nami.org. But, as I said, there are no guarantees...

bastet responded:
What was her discharge planning when she was leaving the hospital?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My name is Rachel and I was first diagnosed as depressed at 15. After that it was depression and social anxiety until I was 20. Then I started...More

Helpful Tips

How to Detect Early Schizophrenia Symptoms ?
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder mostly connected with the thought process and emotional responsiveness. The medical condition is ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.