Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure if I got Shizophrenia
mikemustafa1990 posted:
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and hence thanks for your answers in advance.

My parents never told me, but I found out through another relative that my uncle and auntie are identified with Schizophrenia. Apparently, this has been passed through generations in my family and I am now afraid that I may have it too.

I just wanted to describe certain things about myself and it would be great to get your input.

I am in my early twenties now. From a very young age, I've spent the majority of my time in my head, in a dream world which mainly consisted of falling in love with girls. This has certainly decreased in the last few years, but my mind automatically keeps on making up stories which are not real.

Throughout my school time, I was bullied a lot and I felt quite isolated as I felt weak inside and felt that noone liked me.

Additionally to that, from a very young age I have had to deal with a number of lung infections and extreme brionchitis. Again this condition has improved and only tend to get bronchitis twice a year which i have under control with medication.

My worst problem uptodate is that frequently fall into depressive mode, where I seriously lack energy and cant be really bothered to do anything. I have never attempted suicide but sometimes it crossed my mind even though I know that I wont do it. I used to be a really driven individual but I more and more seem to lack motivation to do things.

Last but not least, I always have the image of my boss in my head controlling everything I do and not being happy with anything I do.

So, I am not really sure what my exact issues are and whether I am schizophrenic. I have never discussed this anyone and would really appreciate if I can get some thoughts/advice in this forum.

Thanks.
Mike

calvin11 responded:
Hi, Mike,

I was reading through the postings and saw your post. I hope you found out some answers and got a support system for yourself. I have a son who finally was diagnose with schizophrenia and we are working together to be supportive and help him out as he needs.. You will be in our thoughts and know there are others who care.

Regards,

Calvin11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was originally diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic at age 14 but it has subsequently been amended to bi polar schizoaffective disorder which is much...More

Helpful Tips

Can Vitamins and Supplements increase effectiveness of Antipsychotics?
Recently I've noticed a bunch of stuff on good sites that seem to confirm that vitamins such as Vitamin B and Antioxidants and ingredients ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.