Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Schizophrenia.... or Delusional Disorder?
miasmakitten posted:
I have been experiencing delusions for approximately six years now, since I was 16. I am paranoid that there are people watching me and if I write or talk about certain things something very bad will happen. I am paranoid that certain people are after me, either to contain, torture or kill me. I sometimes hear music or a small series of words at varying volume and order (sometimes the words or music is randomised instead of how one expects to hear it). This is usually when I am very tired and stressed. I have trouble relaxing, I can not focus on any task for a great length, I have agoraphobia (can barely leave my room sometimes if other people are in areas of the house that are close by) and at night I find it very hard to let myself fall asleep. During this time, I feel very stressed and in mental pain though I am unsure why. I find it impossible to connect intense feelings with their corresponding emotions. Underneath all this I have delusions about my sense of self and reality. I believe I am a being from someplace else, my real life (as I call it) was immense and during this time I experienced many traumas including torture, conditioning, loss of children, captivity and persecution. I believe this is real and the mental instabilities I experience are caused by these traumas. I crave and fear persecution and this can be very confusing. I feel fractured and am unable to function in society. Is this schizophrenia or just delusion disorder? I am very confused and frustrated and I feel I am in pain, which also confuses me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I think I started hearing voices in 2007. I'm am certain of a few things. I was working the graveyard shift at a 24hour store at the time for l...More

Helpful Tips

How to Detect Early Schizophrenia Symptoms ?
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder mostly connected with the thought process and emotional responsiveness. The medical condition is ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.