Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    angelstar13 posted:
    Ok, my mom I think (kinda know) suffers from schizophrenia. She hears things that aren't said and sees stuff too. She thinks cops follow her (when they have no reson too) everyones against her, lieing to her, keepin secrets from her, ect, ect.
    Now my great grandma had paranoid schizophrenia. Thought people poisoned her food didn't trust anyone, ect, ect.
    But my mom knows schizophrenia can be hereditary, she even says that she knows it sounds crazy, but she swears she not.
    Now I've done some reading up on this and the symptoms and everything, And it all matchs to hows shes acting.
    So what do I do? How do I get her help? O did I mention I'm the only one shes trusts and can talk to? So how do I get her help without hating me or losing trust in me?
    larsstarscanary responded:
    I had a hard time with one of my relatives, getting him to the hospital. I went along with some of the (crazy) stuff he said, and then, for some reason, he realized that it sounded crazy, and he kind of snickered and said that it sounded crazy. Because we were with him, he went to the hospital. (The first time he went to the hospital, he went in emergency because of his odd behavior outside--We weren't there to witness that then.)

    How are things going?

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I was originally diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic at age 14 but it has subsequently been amended to bi polar schizoaffective disorder which is much...More

    Helpful Tips

    :::=== :::===== ::: === ::: :::===== :::==== :::==== ::: === :::==== ::: ::: ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ::: === ===== === ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.