Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
feel like I am losing it
bod27 posted:
Hey guys

la la la skipping in the sunshine of my head when everyone around me is making daisy chains

I hope that is enough of a gap

no sunshine really but I thought I would put something nice to begin with.

losing it.

meant ot be going to Estonia on Tuesday with college but just can't face it. getting more and more panicy about it. haven't done anything to pack (although I do know where my passport is)

going with students and a couple of tutors - not belonging to either of those groups am worrying about everything.

still have my tax return to do and just falling apart

really want to hurt. trying so hard to keep myself occupied but it hurts so so much.

worried about coping overseas. get stressed if I don't know the area and people - which is exactly what is going to happen on the trip.

anybody got any ideas?

Headline responded:
(((hugs))) I'm sorry you're hurting.

Are you acquainted with anyone on the trip? Can you ask someone else on the trip to be a supporter - a trip buddy of sorts - to help you navigate and to be there when you have to talk to strangers?

If everyone going is strangers - I'm curious why you're "meant to be" going anyway. Can you back out and tell them a version of the truth, that you have too much going on here at the moment to be going overseas? It's OK to avoid triggers if you're not going to have support to help you deal with them.

And here's a way to keep yourself occupied - please don't hit me for saying this - you can keep busy for a bit by doing the tax return, or asking someone to help you do the tax return. That will have two bonuses: you'll be too busy to harm while doing the return/talking over the return with a helper, AND then the return will be done and one of your triggers will be eased.
Do you know, in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. -- The Doctor (as written by Steven Moffat)

off_the_wall responded:
I ALWAYS get this way when I have to travel so I completely understand. The good news is, once I've finally left for the trip I generally feel better. I hope this is the same for you. Just wanted to let you know that I completely understand this stress and how triggering it can be. (((Hugs)))

washedaway responded:
((((hugs))))
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

bod27 replied to washedaway's response:
Made it there and back without incident It was cold but not unbearable (only got to about - 8 during the day).

I managed to even push my self and do some things I have never done before while I was over there as well.

Still feeling low and generally scared but as my last DBT group session is on Tues I am thinking that has something to do with it.

got my tax return to do tomorrow so off to bed now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend

off_the_wall replied to bod27's response:
So glad things worked out with the trip and congrats on pushing yourself to do things you've never done. Awesome! Want to share what you did? If not that's cool too. Why is Tuesday your last DBT session?

bod27 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Cheers OtW

Was quite pleased with myself - I have a huge prob with self/body image etc and managed, for the first time ever, to go into a sauna. In fact I went into 3 different ones. Huge huge accomplishment for me. I also haggled over price for a purchase and although I accepted his first offer I am still really pleased with myself.

In my area the DBT is run in sections with group running alongside individual. Each rotation is 6 months and they expect you to do 2 rotations so group happens for a year while individual carries on for another 6 months after. Basically I graduate from my DBT group tomorrow - scary stuff ARGHHH

On an other good note I have just finished my tax return and they owe me over ?180

off_the_wall replied to bod27's response:
Wow, that is a big accomplishment, awesome! I'm glad you still have individual DBT to attend and discuss how scary it is to have graduated from group. Good news about the tax returns.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.