Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TRIGGER DO NOT READ IF EASY TRIGGER
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
[TRIGGER] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to get some assistive aids to help me safely cut my foods in the kitchen and also prep for my food to cook. Well I ordered this long knife that cuts things evenly and accidentally cut myself. Well seeing how easy it cuts me, it now has become my new tool. I need this but I can't get over if this is safe. I have two other ones that are easy to cut too but caused me to have nerve damage.

Need some ideas to help me to realize this is not to be a tool but to be a kitchen tool.

beej

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
[TRIGGER] Hi Beej,

Safe sentence to create some space....

I think you should reread your own post. You know this (or the other knives) aren't safe for you. Not even close. Get rid of it/them. Find other ways to prepare your food (buy things precut, for example).

Please take steps to keep yourself safe. (((hugs)))
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

slik_kitty responded:
[TRIGGER] wish i could come up with some ideas for you. the only thing i can think of is make a rule that it stays in the kitchen in it's drawer unless you are using it to cook. good luck.

BipolarDisorder2 replied to slik_kitty's response:
[TRIGGER] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TRIGGER

I just gave up SI, and my insignificant suggestion for you to try (IDK how triggered you are, or think you will be by knives) is to put a label on it that says "TOOL. NOT TRIGGER.' For me, (with the other pair of scissors I have still in my posession) I will see my scissors and say "tool. not trigger" that forces me to re-purpose the object into something you use for a specific, SAFE, designated purpose, as opposed to something that I can use to hurt myself with.

Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm an 18-year-old college student who has been battling depression and anxiety for years. I just started therapy a few months ago and am currentl...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.