Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TRIGGER rough night just need to talk
washedaway posted:
Hi all...just need to chatter here...just took a little walk down memory lane for a school assignment...not intentionally...it just kind of happened.

we were talking about the golden rule in my ethics class and how it contributes to or detracts from universal ethics. anyway...in trying to illustrate my point (that treating others as you want to be treated isn't necessarily a good thing) I talked about a "hypothetical" (or not so) person who desperately wishes that someone would just kill them so they didn't have to make the decision or work up the "guts" or ability to do it themselves. I was that person for so very long. i feel like i just poured my heart out to people i don't know...who probably don't understand...and most if not all of them will never know that the "hypothetical" person i was talking about was me...

feeling incredibly exposed right now...and yet preparing to feel invisible...crazy warring emotions, desires, needs...
Don't  worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already  tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

lovesmygizmo responded:
Don't really know what to say but wanted you to know that you were heard

((((((((((((((((((((Kendra)))))))))))))))))))

Hope you feel better soon

hugz and love

wendy

washedaway replied to lovesmygizmo's response:
thanks Wendy

((((((((hugs)))))))))
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

slik_kitty responded:
wow, that's an interesting take on the golden rule. i wonder what people's responses were to that. you were just throwing out a different take on it. i doubt people will know it is you you were referring to, cuz it really is an interesting philosophical discussion. hugs

iwanttostop responded:
i think the same way, when i was younger i did that and i was either in jail, prison, or hospital, i now treat people like i want them to treat my daughters, ( mostly i try not to be around people)
any way don't feel alone, i am right there.

auntiec57 responded:
Washed Away,

I totally understand the feeling. I've been abused and treated like a non-person so much of my life I felt like if I was gone it would be easier, but I didn't have the guts to do it myself, thus the self-harm. When negative feelings build up they sometimes take over your mind and it's difficult to overcome that pain inside of you. I'm 57 and feel like I'm starting over living my childhood like it should have been. You came to the right place to discuss your feelings and emotions. Many of us, I'm sure, have felt exactly like you felt. My motto is to try and see one day at a time and think of what I want to accomplish in that day. If I don't meet all of the things on my list that's why God gave us a tomorrow. I've learned not to beat myself up if I didn't get everything done today. We all need to take time for "me" and most of us don't because we think it's selfish. Post positive affirmations around your home in places you go to frequently; take the time to really get the message and take a deep breath; tell yourself "you are worth it"!!!

Michael Joncas: He will raise you up on eagles wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun and hold you in the palm of his hands!
Auntiec57

washedaway replied to auntiec57's response:
Thanks everyone! Doing much better today...have a new look and got some sleep last night.

(((((hugs)))))
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.