Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
thps is how it went
dem24 posted:
[TRIGGER] ///////////////////////////trigger///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////trigger................................................................................... ...............every one has doubts that i have not put a hard enough in getting well, i am going to share what i have taught myself the things that have held me over the years, i learned that talking through things has been my strongest thing that u have learned i have come so far on just that. i was always told that you have to take the abuse from my family but i have changed that by cutting mt sister out of my life, so you gave learned things. but i an hurting emotionally and i am sick, i have thought that it would ve ok, you do not have to do anything to hurt yourself. i just made the choice to live my life on pills just to live , u do not want medical treatment i wamt my body to gpne out so i can have peace. that is not hurting yourself. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE0 Replies | Watch This Discussion | Report Th

auntiec57 responded:
[TRIGGER] Dem24,
I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing you are in your adult years based on your post. My belief is only we, as in ourselves, know how we feel and what works for us. Obviously, I'm not telling you to harm yourself, but if someone in your family, a friend or someone you don't even know tries to tell you that you aren't doing enough as hard as it might be you need to step back and walk away from them. I've learned to release the toxic people in my life and, yes, some of them are family members, but it's what I need to get well. It's more important to take care of you than to have to deal with other people's criticism. An FYI, though is that if taking medication isn't working I hope you seek outside help in counseling and possibly a Psychiatrist. When I am in a self-harm mode I may not see it, but others may and that's what I mean about getting professional help. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't many years ago when I was dealing with just depression. Keep coming back to the Community and I'm sure others will have tips and suggestions for you, as well. Always remember "YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Auntiec57

dem24 replied to auntiec57's response:
[TRIGGER] ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// thank you for listening.. i think the poimt u was trying to get at is that i have done over years is help myself. i have kept my attempts in check for 26 years. but after doing all that i still live with being empty angry and no trust, why should i take pills to br abused

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dem24's response:
Trigger

Getting healthy, strong, all of it, is a process. You've been struggling for so long, dealing with so much for so long, that getting healthier and happier won't happen overnight.

The good news is that the battle to keep working on it all, to process it all and move forward, is well worth it. YOU are worth it.

What pills are you taking and why? Are you using them to escape? If so, they can really get in the way of getting healthy.

Keep talking, keep reaching out, and keep taking steps towards your own health.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

dem24 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
[TRIGGER] //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// trigger. what i mean by the pills that the doctor gives me to be happy, they do that then tekk you come bacj in 6 weeks unless you want to hurt yourself then we care, it is all a lie the pills, the doctors everything and i HAVE HAD A ENOUGH. i was not born like this why do i have to do it because society says so.. i know i told you i would not be visible caprice but i needed to ask that, for months i wanted to hurt myself but for reasons p could not, so now i can get what i wany

[TRIGGER] Trigger

So because others treat you poorly, you've given yourself permission to treat yourself poorly too? Use that anger you have to fight for yourself, to keep taking steps, read books, journal, talk here, talk with your doctors, reach out, exercise, eat healthy. Don't let the darkness win.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

tr igger//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// i lave manged to bring myself far, i leaned that talking about things as kept my attempts in check for 26 years,Caprice, you and others on this have never said anything wrong this is just the live i have known.men treat me like i am invisible, but when i degraded myself to them being some one that i wasnt i had over 100 guys, i am being coming very numb to my emotions, but i am not able tp physically hurt anyone

What you describe is how I once was too, Dem. Changing yourself will change how they treat you and/or you will walk away from those who don't treat you as they deserve.

That's part of the healing... getting strong enough to do right by yourself.

i had somebody encourage me to do just that. it was someone that i really cared about, i thought like he did i had his attuide i was nothing like i was now, so i changed my apperance and as usual i got the hold back up it is not what you thought. then my husband took everything away with the abuse, i have went to put back what was taken from me, but every tine i made progress there is more added,ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH i am sick of being every ones emotional punching bag, i do not belong here.

Hi Dem,

I'm not talking about changing your appearance though that can be a good thing for yourself too.

Healing is a process and it's rarely in a straight line. It can often feel like one step forward, two steps back. But if you keep at it, keep working at it, a year will go by and you'll look back and realize just how far you've come. (((hugs)))

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is much of the same as others. I started to self harm when I was 10 years old. I'm 37 years old now and still have slips of self injury. ...More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.