Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
I hate triggering dreams *trigger*
Off_The_Wall posted:
Little Bunny Foo Foo,
Hopping thru the forest,
Scooping up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head.
Down came the fairy godmother
And she said:
"Little Bunny Foo Foo, I don't want to see you
Scooping up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head
I'll give you three chances,
And if you don't behave
I'll turn you into a goon!"

Makes it hard to resist when you wake up. But I'll keep trying to resist. Please someone tell me it will get easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, what's everyone up to this weekend? Someone tell me what they're doing (did) this weekend and help me take my mind off this. Thanks!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Off_The_Wall responded:
Poor Little Bunny Foo Foo, he reminds me of myself. Never listening and always having to learn the hard way.

I hated being a kid! Thanks God I am now an adult and can play with the field mice if I dang well want to!

jankearney123 replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
i loved singing bunny foo foo and also the 3 little monkeys jumpin on the bed one fell off and hit his head.........

for my kids. i really delighted even though my kids were exhausting to raise it sure was worth it.

i love kids but then they can go home. y eah! ha ha

so what am i doin i'm watchin my husband cultivate the garden this sat. i didn't go to my aa meeting and i just needed some time for myself to be me.

tonight we're goin to sons house to have dinner yum!

Off_The_Wall replied to jankearney123's response:
Oh, that's a good song too! Going to have to start singing that to my little ones.

Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned, fran. Hope you enjoy it, you deserve it!

My baby girl just this morning learned to sit up on her own! I'm excited and a little sad at the same time... she's growing up SO fast!

Here she is all proud of herself: http://tinypic.com/r/29c3pyg/7

Off_The_Wall replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
And a pic from tonight because she makes me smile.... http://tinypic.com/r/149s5tk/7

bod27 replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
:-)

slik_kitty replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
she is soooooooooooooooo cute! i love the second pic.

washedaway replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
oh my gosh she is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
Oh, she's gorgeous! She really makes me smile, OTW! :-)
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Off_The_Wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks everyone!!! :)

It's a good thing she is so cute and makes me smile so much because she also keeps me up all night still! And she's almost 6 months old. I am insanely tired! And then when I do sleep I have nightmares. Arrrrr...... Wonder when she'll learn to sleep at night?

jankearney123 replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
otw................so would you like some older mommy advise from a mommy whose kids are 25 and 28? let me know becuse ihate giveing advise if the other person really doesn't wantit.

what a cutie pie that child is. I can just imagine how beautiful you must be!

Off_The_Wall replied to jankearney123's response:
Thank you fran, but she is much prettier than I have ever been.

Not so sure about the advice. Thank you for asking first because a lot of advice has really been forced on me lately and even though it may not be the person's intention, what I get out of it is them saying, "You're doing it wrong." So I am probably overly sensitive to advice right now and if the advice has anything to do with letting her cry herself to sleep then I won't take the advice anyway because I can't make myself not respond to her when she cries.

nyoka4u replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
Not advise just a word of encouragement. I have a 6 month old daughter too and I couldn't let her cry herself to sleep either. She will go to sleep quietly in time, unfortunately it will be in her time. We have finally gotten there ourselves. Stay strong and love that baby with all you have and remember just because you do things your own way doesn't mean it's wrong. You are her momma not anyone else. You know what is right for both of you.

Off_The_Wall replied to nyoka4u's response:
Thank you for the encouragement. That is exactly what I am hoping for.... that when the time is right for her that she will start sleeping better at night. Until then I am just trying to hang in there and I am definitely loving her with everything I have.

nyoka4u replied to Off_The_Wall's response:
I found when we started giving her oatmeal mixed with a little baby juice so it was slightly thick before she went to bed that she slept longer. However I have read that it's not a full tummy thing, it's a mental development thing. She was 7 weeks early so she's about 5 months developmentally but her body is almost 7 months old now. All I can say is it will come and the first time she sleeps longer than she does now, you'll get up and check on her cause you think she's not okay or you missed hearing her. I know I did and it scared the daylights out of me until I went and saw her sleeping so peacefully. I went to lay back down and then she woke up to eat. Good luck and continued success with sleep.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.