Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
May trigger .. don't know how to deal with this
bod27 posted:
hey there

just to update you all it is finally raining over here - first time it has properly rained for nearly 2 months. good to smell the earth and the grass.

I hope that is enough of a space

I had some upsetting news today. A really lovely guy who drinks in the pub I work in took an overdose last night. he took about of his antidepressants - I didn't even click he was on them. He was in the pub last night, while I was working, and seemed in good spirits. It was his 50th birthday on tuesday.

He is in intensive care, critical, in a medically induced coma. they will try and bring him round tomorrow and see if there is any response. at the moment it is 50/50. I can't stop thinking about him. I just want to give him a hug. he is such a good caring man. He had just applied for a job and everything.

the other thing that hurts is that if I hadn't bumped into the chef in town nobody would have told me about what happened. I didn't say anything straight away to see what happened and nobody told me. that hurts me. I have worked there for over 7 months now. I know the locals, even though I don't go drinking there (totally the other side of town from where I live, and not the nicest pub anyway) and I care about them so why didn't anyone say anything to me.

got work in the morning but just want to get drunk and hurt. been doing so well. my dbt T is really pleased with me (appoint today went well) and I have been cutting down on my meds - not totally with my dr's agreement - but this has thrown me a curve ball.

don't know what to do.

any ideas?

slik_kitty responded:
((((bod)))) as so many of us know, we can be very good at putting on faces so that no one can see the pain we are in inside. you don't know everything that was going on in his life, at least not enough to have been able to tell if he was planning this or not. i hope he gets better. can you send him a card at the hospital or go visit him? something to let him know that you care.

dem24 replied to slik_kitty's response:
kitty us right sometimes , we all have done that, may be you can visit his family if there is any and they can tell him when he his feeling better. you do seem better this is the longest you wrote in a while. hold on to that feeling and never let it go for no one

jankearney123 replied to dem24's response:
Yup u are stronger than you think ! i hope your friend pulls thru. as i go on my journey and find myself still having the urges to sh and drink. We have to stay strong for those who depend on us now and in the future@
''ok gooo d nite
fran

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was a member of this group for ages as Bod27 so you can see a bit more about me in that profile.

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.