Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
urges coming back trig???
bod27 posted:
hey guys

sorry not been around much. been very busy and haven't really known how to talk.

feeling so low. can't stop urges popping into my head. got a dance class to go to now but the very idea of it is freaking me out. just want to hide away. got so many things going on I don't know where to start. eating too much rubbish. too fat. hate myself, my body and my mind. I am a failure. why can't I get better. everyone things I am doing so well but feel so shaky with my grip on things. have to go to dance class, paid so if I don't go thats a waste of money. then I am meant to go to a mates birthday bash at the pub where I work. Also can't face that but I don't think many others are going so I have to.

so so low, just want to hide away and stop the world. can't face being a responsible adult right now. haven't cleaned the kitchen for over a week. everything is a mess. I am rubbish

off_the_wall responded:
I'm sorry that I don't have any good advice at the moment but I wanted to let you know that you're not rubbish but rather a wonderful, caring person. I also wanted to tell you that those things are major triggers for me too: social events, attending a new class, and having a messy house. But I also know that I feel a little better once I push through things. I think going to the dance class the first time will be scary but if you keep going you'll probably find that it gets easier and easier and that you enjoy going. Hang in there, I completely understand. (((bod)))

bod27 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Thank you OWT. I managed to go to the class - it was the 3rd one of 6 and each time I go it gets harder - and I felt rubbish throughout. I used to enjoy dancing but I just didn't want to be there. I don't think a whole wall of mirrors helps either all I can see is a fat horrible blob being reflected back at me. it makes all my judgements increase loads.

dem24 replied to bod27's response:
Don't ever lose that light inside of you. You know the one that gives you the power. The power to believe in yourself that you can achieve anything.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.