Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
trigger... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Headline posted:

After summoning up the courage to deal with my SA in therapy... I am being FORCED TO POSTPONE MY FIRST APPT.

I have a client with a job interview... I could ask someone else to cover the interview so I can go to this MEDICAL APPOINTMENT, but the last time I did that, my supervisor said "oh sure I'll cover it, that's no problem," then GAVE ME A REPRIMAND because a parent whined and throwing me under the bus was easier than supporting me against a petty petulant selfish whiner. So I can't afford to believe her anymore, on anything. She is a liar and a coward. I can't ask anyone for coverage, help or support because I'll be fired by this lying coward for the treacherous act of EVEN ASKING.

I will never, ever be able to get help, or be taken seriously, or have my health and safety considered important. Tell me why I should care about myself anymore, because I'm obviously not worth anyone else caring about whether I live or die.
Do you know, in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. -- The Doctor (as written by Steven Moffat)

Headline responded:
This is not about the tech problem. Please read this and let me know I'm heard.
Do you know, in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. -- The Doctor (as written by Steven Moffat)

MyDeli replied to Headline's response:
I wish I had the right words to say. I'm so sorry you are feeling like you aren't important or that you don't matter. I just want to say you are heard.

off_the_wall replied to MyDeli's response:
I'm sorry I don't have the right words right now but I understand as I am having similar issues trying to get help and know how horribly upsetting it is. (((Headline)))

lostkate responded:
I hear your frustration with your supervisor, people I work with are similar. I cant trust anyone at work, well maybe my sister but there are times I wonder there too.

I care very much about you, I dont think Im alone in saying that. You have helped me time and time again on these boards. I have been quiet lately because of a lot going on in my life, not ready to share it with anyone.

You do matter to me. I mean that. I wish I had better words to help.

Hugs
Kate

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lostkate's response:
I am so sorry to hear about that J.

Unfortunately, your situation seems to just come with the territory of your job. That's why I admire you and I don't think I could ever do what you do in that capacity. Sure, I want to do social work too, but I think I'm a bit too loudmouthed and snotty to work in that kind of situation.

Take it easy, if you can. It will mean postponing your appointment, yes, but it doesn't mean it's gone completely into limbo. It's up to you to reschedule and it's up to you to take care of yourself because you know it's the best thing for you. I know you can do it, because you've done it before. Your support here hasn't changed, and I'm sure once Mark hears about it, he'll be just as sympathetic.

Hang in there, kiddo. It will be okay, even it doesn't feel like that right now.

((soft hugs if wanted))

washedaway responded:
(((((safe hugs if ok)))))

I care...you are a caring person who deserves any support you need or want...and that support is worth fighting for, no matter how much it doesn't seem that way now.

Have you checked to see what other options you have for you appointment that may be very close to the one that you had scheduled? It is not fair what your supervisor is doing to you, but I understand your reluctance to put yourself in a position to be victimized again because of her insecurity.

You do NOT deserve the treatment you are getting at work.

You are worth it...no matter how much you don't feel that way now, you are.

Kendra
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Spotlight: Member Stories

Roses whisper "good night" 'Neath silv'ry light, Asleep in the dew They hide from our view; When the dawn peepeth thro' God...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.