Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
HAPPY NEWS
TheSullenGirl posted:
Hey Chickies. I think we need some happiness and cheer. So let me tell you a nice little story:
There is this awesome girl I know VERY well....and she is going to be someone's wife in 2013...and that girl is....

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

off_the_wall responded:
Oh Yaaay!!!! I love news like this! Congratulations! How did he propose? Can you tell us about him? Have you thought about when/where/how you will be married?

You're right, we need something positive to discuss here so keep discussing it with us because it takes my mind off crap.

Happy for you!

dem1211 replied to off_the_wall's response:
big congrats and hugs.otw is right the awesome news. please keep us posted

TheSullenGirl responded:
(my post got eaten..NOOOO..but I saved..)

He had tried on another week but he ended up having to work. But he told me a few weeks ago that he wanted to plan a whole day with me. That we haven't gone on dates in such a long time and he just wanted to do something nice for me because of all the stuff that had been going on.

We both had off on the 14th and 15th (we rarely have off during the week at the same time).
The AM started off with us going to a local diner (Bfast/lunch only) and had a GREAT Bfast. Went back to my house were we had a mimosa or 2 (I love Champagne/sparkling wine). We relaxed for a little before going back out.

We went to a beautiful place that is nothing but a HUGE garden (inside and outside) and since it is winter the conservatory is filled with a ton of flowers. They had big thing on Orchids. He told me that since I hate the winter and I usually get down during the winter...he would bring me somewhere where there is a lot of life and color.

In his words he kept trying to find the "Perfect spot." Well where all the Orchids were was really really hot and humid. I had to take off my coat and I was still dying.(while bugging him to do the same, oh how I didn't know thats were he was hiding the box) So we found this beautiful bright and cool area with a nice bench and surrounded by these beautiful flowers. And we were just relaxing and enjoying the peacefulness of it all.
He asked me if I was having a nice time.
I responded, "I don't think this day could get can get any better."
He said, "Really? You don't think this day could get any better?"
Then proceeded to get down on one knee and ask me to be his wife.

The ring is VERY special. It was his grandmother's engagement ring. The center stone was taken out (his brother will get that) and he put a new center diamond in it. But the four smaller ones (2 on either side) and the platinum band are the original.

I was sooo surprised.

C and I compliment each other well. He is more of a type B personality and me an A. When we see the one of us is a little too type B/A we kick one another towards a centered middle ground. We always laugh together. We are there for one another all the time. We have our tiffs but work it out. we never ever did the break up make up stuff. We believe that marriage is sacred and forever. That it is work and isn't always easy..but that doesn't mean it can't be fun or amazing.

We actually met in HS at a food store we both worked at. I thought he screwed anything with 2 legs and a pair of boobs (far from that) and he thought I had a switch blade in my boot (far from the truth.) We would talk and were friendly. But never really hung out. I always had a BF. We didn't start hanging out until I started my first year of nursing school. And there was an obvious attraction. Our first date was rather corny...he took me to play pool. I had no idea what to do, so he did that corny "well let me show you." He had learned during a long convo that I am a sucker for a good back rub...so on our way back we grabbed a quick snack for back at the house and he actually said, "So...you're a sucker for back rubs huh.." Yeah...backs rubs for me from that day on.

First kiss - we were watching jaws...and Quint was getting eaten by the shark. Which fits our odd sense of humor.

I remember the moment I fell in love with him. While he says he isn't really a romantic....he would randomly get me flowers (from beautiful bouquets to the 3 buck carnations by the register)...he would take the time to move the hair out of my face so he could see me better.

There is something that is just right about us. I can't explain it.

TheSullenGirl responded:
Oh and we plan on having a church ceremony (we both got all of our sacraments there and we both are Catholic...so..we want it to be a Catholic ceremony).
Afterwards we want to go to a nice Inn that is off a major river in the area and is just a beautiful area.
Next week we plan on sitting down with a calendar. We would love end of June.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
love this news!!! LOVE THE BLING!!! so happy for you!!
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
That is an amazing story! You should print it out and save it to put in your wedding book. Thank you for sharing! Totally put a smile on my face.

lostkate responded:
I am so happy for you, congrats, great story.

jankearney123 replied to lostkate's response:
THAT WAS FANTASTIC NEWS AND A GREAT STORY! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! GOOD JOB! YOU'LL BE A GREAT BRIDE AND HE A HANDSOME HUSBAND WITH A GREAT ATTITUDE.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to jankearney123's response:
So glad for you!! You really sound like you compliment each other in every way and you agree on a lot of the things that really make a marriage.

((hugs))

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
Congratulations!!!!!

You keep this up, you might have to change your screen name.

What a lovely proposal story!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

TheSullenGirl responded:
Thank you all so much! I'm not used to this kind of attention and I must say I have tears in my eyes right now.

Thank you all SOO much for your amazing support.

I'm happy to say that I can share this joyful moment in my life with all of you!!

((BIG HUGS))

jankearney123 replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
i'm glad too!

slik_kitty responded:
yay!!!!! congrats!!!! caprice is right, you will need to change your screen name. he he he

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.