Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
wedding plans to celebrate sullen girl
dem1211 posted:
if she hired you as her wedding planner. what would you do to for it how would you make it special

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
I personally think that after a swarthy June day, she needs an ice sculpture. Design up to the bride and groom...

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
This is a great idea although if she hired me as her wedding planner she would be doomed because, even though I'm married, I know next to nothing about planning a wedding!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
One thing I would advise is a good photographer is worth the money. You will have those pictures for the rest of your life and they will always have meaning for you no matter what life may bring.

And be sure you both are having a wedding that YOU would enjoy. Yes, family is important, but be sure it's the kind of wedding you both would want, not what others would want, including what society says you should want.

And you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a fabulous wedding. The most special weddings I've attended or heard about were weddings that were meaningful and special for the couple, not the ones where a ton of money was spent.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

TheSullenGirl responded:
OMG I love this Dem!

Thank you for making me feel so special!!

LLT - I'm sure C would bring his favorite fan and sit in front of it with the ice sculpture to cool off.

OTW - I've only been engaged for 2 days and I'm totally lost on what I need to do! How do these wedding planners do this!?

Caprice- I've heard SOO many horror stories (from my parents photographer getting wasted to my brother's loosing two sets of film to my cousin's where the photographer took over the wedding) I am so thankful that there are websites out there and people can give reviews!

lovely_lemon_tree replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
I actually have a good friend who's a wedding photographer, and she's willing to travel. If you want, I can give you her website or FB page.

jankearney123 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
would hire her my daughter who just got married on a tight budget a two years ago sept. def. she and her fiance at the time had it goin on. you should see the pics! o m g! the sunset was just beautiful and there's this picture of my daughter sitting in these tall grasses (it was on a golf course) with the mountains as a back drop and the sunset............O yeah baby from cake to bake my daughter would be the one for you! We gave her 10k and she paid another 3 and had a wedding that looked like it was 25k! NICE! the trick she found was yes pics are a biggy but she found a fellow who had just started his buisness here in colorado and had relocated here so he didn't have a lot of clients but his work was impecable. invitations are so cheap at michaels you don't need em printed and most stuff like that you can do really nicely on your computer and buy ribbon from michaels that is cheap too. She had a simple sophisticated dress that was 800.00 but you could go to davids and get a less expensive dress because don't forget those alterations and the veil and shoes and hose if you wear any and undergarments and the clothing afterwards if that comes into play. My dil got a really cute chepo dress for 200 at davids and it looked really nice she found someone who did the alterations for less but they my son and she were really on a shoe string. They had their wedding in my back yard 3 years ago july and only had her mother no other relatives only his best man and me and my husband, my office assitant took pictures with my lil canon camera and dil made a book with bible verses from walgreens and it turned out really really nice. she gave me and g one! we bought silk flowers one huge sprig from micahels and she dressed it up with a string of cheapo pearls and organza. we went to a special restaurant that gave us a special room (exquisite restaurant) very old in downtown denver and we had the whole room for like 6 hours. we had a great meal and they darted around the place and walked dtwn shooting pics from their best man and we wandered the restraunt (it was a downtime for them) and i think they got married on a sunday or monday. I'll have to ask them. It cost us 4k and i gave dil my black onyx ring that had diamonds around it and thats what she got married in. she's since got a new ring that is really a wedding ring.
they were in dire straights and had to file bankruptcy so we forgave the 3500.00 loan to son which brought it up to 7500.00 wedding! no wonder we have no money! we've literally given it all to our kids throughout our lives that's where it went. bhut that's all thru with now so..............

lovely_lemon_tree replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
Just wanted to tell you that if you want to get married in a Catholic church, you're going to have to book the date probably a year in advance. They are also going to want you to have at least six months of pre-martial counseling. So that would be my first orders of business: select the church, book it, and then possibly check out sites for a reception, if it's going to be at a different place.

Also, you can start looking at bridal magazines to get a thought about what kind of dress you like. You can start to pick your colors, and also think about styles for the wedding party -- if you'll have one.

There's a book out there called "The Balanced Bride" -- I found it very helpful. There's also something called "The Everything Wedding Checklist" that helps you organize things and in what order to do them. But if you're thinking about a year and a half away, you've got time. (I know all this because I was engaged for a while... just never made it down the aisle.)

TheSullenGirl replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Hey LLT - We are in the works with getting the Church secured - should have a definite by Monday.

Getting the places booked is currently the most stressful thus far.
If we can't make it to any of the Pre-Canna at our church - C has a friend who actually does it with his wife.

I am SOOO thankful for my mom who has been doing a lot of leg work for us. I live life backwards (yay night-shift) and C basically working full time and going to school.

I wish I could blink or wiggle my nose and get everything done.

Thank you for your wonderful tips!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.