Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
pampering day to celebrate otw
dem1211 posted:
if you were able to take her with you for a full day of pamepering the way you do for you.

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
I know that OTW can't resist going surfing... so arrangement for a safe and reliable person to take care of little P, and then we'd go out to the Gulf...

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Awww, thank you! Maybe that reliable person could play with P on the beach so I could still see that she is okay and she'd have fun too. I haven't been surfing in months... miss it a ton!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll be the babysitter and yup, we'll play in the sand while you surf and we'll wave at you from there.

(Great idea, Dem.)
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Sounds wonderful Caprice!

Dem, thank you for making me feel so special with this post!

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
okay I'd bring baby with us and have her with caprice as babysitter and capriuce can do with us too but she'd have to be professional sitter. first we'd have a pedicure, then we'd have a manicure and then we'd have (and otw wouldn't have any anxieties because i have a special wand that i would wave them away for one day) a 2 hour massage with hot stones. Then we would have a gourmet lunch at the beau v and we'd all take a little nap with p. In fact the whole board of us would go and I'd book the place for the whole day so we could all take turns watching P but since Caprice is a seasoned grandma now she would have to be the professional babysitter. And then we'd hire a limo and drive up to Vail for dinner and some night life and tho no one has ever done it we could snowboard, snowshoe or sled and iceskate depending on what anyone would want to do.
we would have gourmet food for a very late dinner and spend the night up at one of the chalets there and all have breakfast in bed! I'd fly you all here and we'd have a good ole time! Maybe we'd just have to tour colorado for a week and have a week of festivities to get us all chilaxed!

TheSullenGirl replied to jankearney123's response:
Fran - I just melted in a puddle of relaxation reading that.

I always find relaxation in things like water falls (so we could go Island hopping and touring water falls)...then a picnic on beach..then go somewhere they do everything (massage/mani-pedi/hair/make-up) - go out and paint the town red or go to a really good concert.

Baby would be with someone like the super-nanny (so she will be in good hands)

OR

if OTW needs a day of R & R and P & Q - she would tell us what she would like us to do: ie, babysit, clean the house, food shopping, etc. Meanwhile she would/could have alone time followed by date night followed by coming back sometime the next day

off_the_wall replied to jankearney123's response:
Wow, these all sound so nice and so fun! I literally haven't had a vacation in years, mostly because of my anxiety, but thanks to Fran's magic wand I should be good to enjoy it all! This really put a smile on my face tonight! Thank you everyone!

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
yeah and thanks to dem who started this i think?! Good job talley ho!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was a member of this group for ages as Bod27 so you can see a bit more about me in that profile.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.