Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Introducing Myself - Better late than never
Kate_Te posted:
======================================================
======================================================

Hi my name is Kate, I'm in my 40's, I live in upstate NY by Albany, and up until November 2010 I thought I was a normal, if somewhat shy and sad person. I now know normal is a cycle on a washing machine.

I am a MTF transsexual who cannot have any surgeries due to an extensive Cardiac history which precludes me from taking estrogen. I have lived and worked as my true self since 1998. To answer the question: I've always known I was female. I am a recovering alcoholic 21 years. My depression got much worse 6 years ago when my mom, who I was taking care of, passed away in my arms.

My diagnoses are Severe Social Anxiety, Severe Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Personality Disorder NOS. I also have COPD and as mentioned above Cardiac issues dating back to birth.

TRIGGER:
In November of 2010 I stopped going to work because I could no longer handle riding the bus. Too many people. In January of 2011 I attempted suicide for the first time. Once you try it, it becomes an option for you and I have tried 3 more times in the last year. I was hospitalized 4 times last year. Once in a regular hospital's Psych ward (I don't recommend it if you don't have to) and 3 times at a Psych Hospital in Saratoga (4 Winds). That is where I learned DBT. They diagnosed me properly, and started me on my road to recovery. I just didn't realize how long that road would be.

Thanks for listening and I hope I can continue to post here and get the good feedback I've already received.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing some of your story, Kate Te.

I'm glad you found us.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Waving silently... ~~

I'd say more, but ... golly I'm having a hard day.

jankearney123 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
glad to meet you! welcome to our community here. i hope you get as much out of it as i have.

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
Thank you Jan, Caprice & Lovely Lemon Tree.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
    *********** triggery response ****************** ************ ****

welcome to the board, glad you found us.

I am Paja, known lunatic and wearer of olives on my fingers.

Being honest I have to tell you, the whole MTF transsexual who cannot have surgery, is very triggering to me. I have a relative who is a MTF transsexual who cannot have surgery.....and a whole history of issues with that and other things regarding her.

So don' think I am ignoring you, its just your story hits a little to close to home for me. So I must be careful. As my anxiety lessens I will chime in more on your posts.

This board really is a great place. We occasionally get the fur flying but all in all this a safe supportive board.

Peace be the journey
    I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.
  •  
    Kate_Te replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    thank you Paja.

TheSullenGirl responded:
    Welcome - I hope we can support you in the way you need to be and that you find a family here.

Kate_Te replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
    thank you & Congratulations!!

off_the_wall responded:
    Welcome, welcome! And thanks for the introduction. I've been on this board for over 10 years and consider some of the people here my good friends. I hope you will find the support you are looking for as well.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
    Thank you Off The Wall. P.S. You don't sound too off the wall to me.

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
    Well I am, believe me!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
    Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.