Skip to content


It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
so sad
dem1211 posted:
trigger............................................................................... ............... i want t o write but i cant write. it doesnt matter. told t were i wanted to cut . i blew my stack after i hung up. so now i think he so upset with me
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
A good therapist won't be upset with you, Dem.

A good therapist will help you figure out how to handle all of this without taking that step. A good therapist will understand that you're hurting and need to be heard. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
dem1211 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
ty as always you know what to say. trigger..................................................if anyone knows this part is you.i told him that i felt that i was lucky to have him is my t. but i am scared to lose him like i did the other person. i am so close to it being over
dem1211 replied to dem1211's response:
feel like i just want to scream for all the years of he ll. but i always get stuck in amode of i need to think of the problems it will cause.i know it is a matter of time before puts me in the hospital
TheSullenGirl replied to dem1211's response:
Dem: Take a long slow deep breath in..Hold that breath for 5 seconds (count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc).....and slowly exhale.
Long slow deep breath in...hold for 5 seconds...and slowly exhale.

I agree with Caprice. I think maybe a hospital stay to help you come off that ledge.
I can see that you worry and that it makes you feel really on edge.
Remember you cannot assume other peoples feelings (something I still find that I struggle with from time to time).
A good therapist will work with you and will also know good boundaries and how to set them.

If screaming into a pillow or in your car helps - I say go for it. Maybe doing something like kick boxing would help get that frustration out... without actually inflicting violence on others/yourself (unless you count being really sore afterwards - which might be a distraction as well. Plus side: healthier you all around)
dem1211 replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
dem1211 replied to dem1211's response:
thanks t o you both . i cant let him put me in there right now. i have to many things to take care of right now . one them a legal matter. where i do the donations i am helping them with the rabies program. i have done three shots i have to more to go. my son is celebrating is birthday next friday. caprice if you read what a miserable day. you wil iunderstand.,i would like your take on it
off_the_wall responded:
Hi Dem. I'm sorry things continue to be so stressful for you right now. I think Caprice and Sullengirl offer good advice. Just take it one day at a time, or one hour or minute at a time if that's what it takes. And find a way to try to relieve some of the stress/aggression. I find that getting some good vigorous exercise helps. Putting my body through that kind of pain is kind of like the pain from SH plus just like SH it releases those endorphins that are calming. Hang in there, friend and thanks for being there so much for me lately.
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dem1211's response:
I don't know what discussion you're talking about but if it's on this board and I haven't responded yet, it's probably because I can't say it any better than what others have already said.

Like on this thread... you've received some great advice and support and I hope it helps.

Please take care of yourself, Dem, as much as you're taking care of your son's upcoming birthday.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

SH for 13 yrs. Here for support and hopefully support others.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.