Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Fun times *sarcasm*
TheSullenGirl posted:
So I went to the cardiologist office on Friday. I am now wearing an event monitor for the next 2 weeks... Of course this means I work with this thing on and get to go for tea with my mom (it is a bday gift) with this bulky thing. I look like Frankenstein.

This thing is beyond bulky. I've had it on for over 24 hrs. I would love to throw it out the window but then I would be out 2.4K. I can't stand the wires. The electrodes itch - they out some goopy stuff on me to help with the itch...but I'm wondering if it makes it worse. I'm going to try it without it after I take my shower before I go into work.

I've already pushed the event button multiple times. I occasionally have mild chest pain (it changes sides) when I have a bad episode. Sometimes I don't bother because they are getting it anyway and to me the palps are not that bad and are almost like my baseline ones.

Monday afternoon (after working all night) I go for my stress-echo. Hopefully I can take a nap before. I think I might ask the N.P. if I can PLEASE not wear it when I go out for tea with my mom. I'd like to dress nicely without these wires sticking all out.

I'm stressing myself out so much that my period won't start. ((Yells at body to just bleed already!)) I'm ready to start crying again. I feel so vain and can't stand that I'm doing this at my age. I'm too young to have cardiac issues (if there really is one). I would love for this to be all in my head. Thanks for hearing me complain.

jankearney123 responded:
Hi SG,

I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. Nice word for crappola right????????

If they won't let you take it off and it will effect your tea with mom could you ask mom for a postponement. Us mom's are pretty understanding of our daughters!

I had a stress test because i was having the same thing you are having. and they did get some weird readings. They ended up as i mentioned before after my unc passed all us kids went and got tested for this weird heart disease. luckily i have not heard of any of my cousins having it.

You're right (I couldn't agree with you more!) this bites! the big one! Having some good distractions to get you thru this miserable time and self soothing might help you. on the dbtselfhelp.com sight there is an adult pleasant event schedule and you could come up with some nice things to help yourself.

i prob haven't been to helpful cuz i'm falling asleep here so i'm gonna go but GOD SPEED ................... fran

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
Hi SG,

I had one of those Event Monitor things once. I feel your pain. Try taking three buses every day to work in the summer with one on, Talk about feeling self conscious!

I really hope it gets what is affecting your heart. Mine showed very little, even though I felt 3 serious palpitations, The cardiologist claimed there was nothing on the report. Almost made me feel like I was going crazy, until I had an SVT about a week after I was on it & ended up in the ER (220 bpm). I swear my heart knew it was being monitored so it wouldn't act up. Same thing always happened with a halter-monitor as well.

I hope they let you take it off for your tea with your mom. They should, you take it off to shower, just a slightly longer period.

Good luck and I really hope they find what's wrong & fix it for you.

Kate

P.S. you're not too young for heart problems (I had 3 open hearts by the time I was 14).

TheSullenGirl replied to jankearney123's response:
Thanks Fran! ((hugs))

TheSullenGirl replied to Kate_Te's response:
Thank you Kate ((hugs)).

TheSullenGirl responded:
UPDATE:

So the electrodes they gave me made me break out in a blistering rash. Thank goodness I work in a hospital. The pharmacist sent me cortisone cream and the tele girls were able to find me different electrodes. I still itch and burn but not as badly. My chest is no longer HOT pink! I don't have a lot of area for these electrodes...Since Friday - I've used up all my free space. SO I have no where to put these suckers.

I am going to ask if I can wear it until this Thursday and then take it off. I have hit the button a few times....so I'm sure they have captured something.

WIsh me luck today ladies!

jankearney123 replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
Man thinking of you SG!

Comm onnnnnnnnn Thurs. Make sure you're not using any perfumes or washing soaps that have scents in them and also wash the area and dry it real good before you put on the electrode. Sometimes that helps. I'm sorry. I know i feel like one big sore too. I have fungus all over the place of my body! I hate it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

SH for 13 yrs. Here for support and hopefully support others.

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful