Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Opinions needed...
lizzyerd85 posted:
((explanation **small chance of trigger in explanation skip to very bottom for opinion question**

First, hi everyone hope everyone is pretty good or at least on the upper side of okay. Second. I think a few people on here may remember a small bit that I write, I've shared a poem or two and at least one short story, and I was hoping for ya'all's help on something. A few years ago I decided to start a story about... well... not completely about but near the realms of what this community is about my biggest concern or problem is this. The main character is loosely based on myself, a lot of how I feel, about everything including the **trigger possible here** was and feelings about s/h and whys. So with that, I'm not completely sure how the story itself will end. At this point I don't believe there is an ending, but I'm curious to know this:

What is the one thing, one main thing you want?

Thank you guys. Have a great week!

Take the Poll

What is the one main thing you want?
  • To be excepted
  • Friendship/Not be alone
  • "Cured"
  • Other... please explain if possible
vote
View Poll Results

jankearney123 responded:
I know that i will always have a mental illness and I have an addictive personality so i beilieve i will always have addiction issues even if i overcome the sh i have food issues. So what I want is to just be at peace and live in the moment with God so that I can be the best person I can be Doing the best I can each day without it having to be arduous each and every day.

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
I assume you mean to be Accepted as the first answer. That is what I want more than anything is to be accepted. I have "friends" that don't understand the mental illness. I just want people to understand - I always thought just one day in my head. That's all anyone would need. Of course now I don't wish that on anyone. lol. I do wish they would understand that just watching a funny movie or going to therapy or just getting out of the house will not "cure" me.

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
What I want is to provide my daughter with the best possible life. And since I grew up with a mom who had untreated mental illness and it was pretty much hell, I know that there are things about myself that I need to continue to work on so that my daughter doesn't have to live through what I went through. And like Fran, I do believe that my main goal should be to live a life that honors and serves God (though I admit this part of my life especially needs work).

lizzyerd85 replied to off_the_wall's response:
thank you three for the answers. And yes, Kate-Te I meant accepted, I knew that didn't look right *insert rolled eyes here*.

but thanks again, your answers help me a lot.

*hugs wherever needed*

iwanttostop responded:
[TRIGGER] I would like to go to sleep and not wake up, i dont have any more to give.... i am spent.

Kate_Te replied to iwanttostop's response:
Hi iwanttostop -
I'm sorry you are suffering. I understand, I didn't sleep much last night and am pretty far out of it today. Hope things get better for you. ((hugs))
Kate

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to iwanttostop's response:
Dear Iwanttostop,

I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you.

Keep writing, keep reaching out. And if you need help keeping yourself safe, please call a crisis line .
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lizzyerd85 replied to iwanttostop's response:
iwanttostop....

honey, I am sorry you feel this way. And I really hope my post didn't help with this, not my intention whatsoever.

I hope you're taking care of yourself as well you can. I don't have the right words to help, I truly wish I did, just that magic word to help you feel better, but I do agree with Caprice, if you need to reach for someone who can really help you call a hotline where you can hear a voice. And know we're here for you if you need us. I hope it's better for you today.

rugger1369 responded:
I chose 'other'. I would have chosen cured, but not in the sense where this would stop. I understand it will be a battle, but a battle I want to continually win. I want the strength to be able to not get in my own way and be the best, no, greatest person I can be!

Spotlight: Member Stories

lot relevant things i could say... the last one i just got fired .. that complicate my to do list, dont give a # about money, it's just i got debt...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.