Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Peep
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
Hi, all.

I have decided that I'm feeling a bit more stable than before... meaning that I feel stable enough to come back here and check in. I think I will be around more now.

Medication increase is helping, Wednesday will be a full week on the new dosages and I do feel a bit better. I'm by no means feeling fantastic and wonderful, but I am able to face the day and not cower in a ball on the couch all day long. I'm catching up on much-needed sleep and trying to reduce stress (hahah!).

Hopefully I will be working soon in a little gift shop in Bar Harbor. They are looking for someone who has experience selling jewelery (that would be me) and as a result of that, my resume, and a quick, on-the-spot interview, I am apparently at the top of a hefty stack of applications. I hope it works out. I will call the manager today and see what's going on. Keep your fingers crossed -- I really need this job.

Still waiting to hear from the graduate program I applied to. The longer the wait, the more pessimistic I become. Oh well, if I wind up not getting in, I have contingency plans -- I'll keep up the job, try to save some money, and keep working on my peer support certification. At the end of my lease, on November 30, I will pack up and go back to Kansas (please don't make any "Wizard of Oz" references... I've heard them all).

So that's me in a nutshell right now. Hope everyone is doing okay.

LLT

Kate_Te responded:
LLT -
I'm so happy to hear from you again!! I am glad things seem to be settling down for you. Good thoughts going out for your job.
WELCOME BACK!! I've missed you.
Kate

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey there, LLT, it's good to see you.

I'm glad the new dosage seems to be helping and I'll keep my fingers crossed re the job! That sounds like it would be a good fit for you!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

slik_kitty responded:
glad you are doing better. hugs

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks, guys.

rugger1369 responded:
best of luck with this job! way to be a stand-out candidate. And keep your hopes up on the grad program, best of luck with that too! And very glad to here you are on the upside!

jankearney123 replied to rugger1369's response:
Hi Lovely,

I have missed you A LOT! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK AND FEELING A BIT BETTER! YEAH FOR YOU! . I'd love to work in a jewelry store that would be so fun! for the time being it would be a kick in the behiund job!

WISHING YOU THE BEST FOR GETTING ON WITH THE GRAD PROGRAM. I KNOW HOW HARD YOU'VE WORKED TO GET IT TO THIS POINT. SENDING YOU GOOD JUJU!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful